Patricia Engel – Author of Infinite Country, a Reese’s Book Club Pick
Patricia Engel is the author of Infinite Country. The novel follows teenager Talia as she and her family grapple with their mixed-immigration statuses, offering an intimate perspective on an experience that so many have endured – and are enduring right now.
Rich with Bogotá urban life, steeped in Andean myth, and tense with the daily reality of the undocumented in America, Infinite Country is the story of two countries and one mixed-status family – for whom every triumph is stitched with regret, and every dream pursued bears the weight of a dream deferred.
Patricia Engel is also the author of Vida, which won Colombia’s national book award. She is a recipient of fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
In this episode, we discuss her writing process, and:
- Writing by natural light
- Keeping your writing appointments
- Her unique approach to revision (hint: it involves re-writing)
- And more
I would love to hear from you. Please visit my Contact Page and tell me about your writing challenges.
Follow this Writer
Follow the Podcast
- Visit the podcast’s Website
Follow the Host
- Slide into Sara Gallagher’s DM’s on Instagram
Follow our Partners
- Learn more about our partner, We Need Diverse Books, whose mission is to put more diverse books into the hands of all children
Become an Advertiser
This Week’s Writing Prompt
This week’s writing prompt: Write about a time in your life when you did what some people might consider the wrong thing for the right reasons.
Explore Womxn Authors
In this episode, they recommended these womxn writers:
- Carolina De Robertis, author of The President and The Frog
Ensure the Podcast Continues
Love what you’re hearing? Show your appreciation and become a Supporter with a monthly contribution.
Check Out More Womxn Authors
- Episode 65: Kate Hope Day – Author of In the Quick
- Epiosde 64: Fan Favorites – Featuring Kim Krans, Brittney Morris, Aja Black, Melissa Valentine, and Rebekah Taussig
- Episode 63: Sonya Renee Taylor – Author of The Body is Not An Apology
Support the show (https://fiercewomxnwriting.com/support)