Mia Mercado – Author of Weird But Normal, a collection of humor essays exploring the contradictions of being a womxn
Mia Mercado is the author of the collection of humor essays, Weird But Normal, which explores the absurdity of being a womxn, and more particularly, a millennial womxn.
PopSugar recommends the book, saying, “Whether she’s tackling universal topics like the joy of shopping at Target or zeroing in on discussing racial identity, each one of her essays is insightful, funny, and a joy to read.”
In this episode, we discuss her writing process, and:
- Separating your worth as a person from what you create
- Writing the things you want to write
- And more
I would love to hear from you. Please visit my Contact Page and tell me about your writing challenges.
Follow this Writer
Follow the Podcast
- Visit the podcast’s Website
Follow the Host
- Slide into Sara Gallagher’s DM’s on Instagram
Become an Advertiser
This Week’s Writing Prompt
I suggest setting a timer for 6 or 8 minutes, putting the writing prompt at the top of your page, and free writing whatever comes to mind. Remember, the important part is keeping your pen moving. Right now we just want to write something new and see what happens.
This week’s writing prompt: What is something that other people take as normal or fine, that you think is super strange?
Explore Womxn Authors
In this episode, the author recommended these womxn writers:
- Rachel Ignotofsky, author of Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World
- Riance Konc, author of Build Your Own Christmas Movie Romance
Ensure the Podcast Continues
Love what you’re hearing? Show your appreciation and become a Supporter with a monthly contribution.
Check Out More Womxn Authors
- Episode 55: Alexandra Chang – Author of Days of Distraction
- Episode 54: Sarah Gottesdiener – Author of The Moon Book
- Episode 53: Rachel Mans McKenny – Author of The Butterfly Effect
Support the show (https://fiercewomxnwriting.com/support)