Kristen Millares Young – Author of Subduction
This week our guest is Kristen Millares Young, author of Subduction. In this episode, we discuss her writing process, and
- Parenting and writing in short periods of time
- Allusion and the tension of the unsaid
- Editing from the end forward
- And more!
If you’re a new listener to Fierce Womxn Writing, I would love to hear from you. Please visit my Contact Page and tell me about your writing challenges.
Follow this Writer
Follow the Podcast
- Visit the Website for more info on the podcast
Follow the Host
- Slide into Sara Gallagher’s DM’s on Instagram
Follow our Partners
- Visit Terra Preta Review (unearthing phenomenal writing) to read the latest issue and submit work
Become an Advertiser
This Week’s Writing Prompt
Each week the featured author offers a writing prompt for you to use at home. I suggest setting a timer for 6 or 8 minutes, putting the writing prompt at the top of your page, and free writing whatever comes to mind. Remember, the important part is keeping your pen moving. You can always edit later. Right now we just want to write something new and see what happens.
This week’s writing prompt is: Pick a scene that’s been stymying you, and write it from the perspective of the character who is in juxtaposition with but not interior to your protagonist.
Explore Womxn Authors
In this episode, the author recommended these womxn writers:
- Elissa Washuta, author of My Body is a Book of Rules
- Elizabeth Rosner, author of Survivor Cafe
- Weike Wang, author of Chemistry
Ensure the Podcast Continues
Love what you’re hearing? Show your appreciation and become a Supporter with a monthly contribution.
Check Out More Shows
- Episode 19: Luba Vikhanski – Author of Gender Mosaic
- Episode 18: Melissa Matthewson – Author of Tracing the Desire Line
- Episode 17: Hala Alyan – Author of The Twenty-Ninth Year
- Episode 16: Writing in the Time of COVID-19 with host Sara Gallagher and poem Perhaps Prayer by Kristy Milligan
- Episdoe 15: Brittney Morris – Author of Slay
Support the show (https://fiercewomxnwriting.com/support)