Chet’la Sebree – Author of the poetry collection Mistress
This week our guest is Chet’la Sebree, author of poetry collection Mistress, and the forthcoming lyric meditation Field Study. In this episode, we discuss her writing process, and:
- What really makes a person a writer
- Writing before the emails start piling up
- And more
If you’re a new listener to Fierce Womxn Writing, I would love to hear from you. Please visit my Contact Page and tell me about your writing challenges.
Follow this Writer
Follow the Podcast
- Visit the podcast’s Website
Follow the Host
- Slide into Sara Gallagher’s DM’s on Instagram
Follow our Partners
- Visit Terra Preta Review (unearthing phenomenal writing) to read the latest issue and submit work
Become an Advertiser
This Week’s Writing Prompt
Each week the featured author offers a writing prompt for you to use at home. I suggest setting a timer for 6 or 8 minutes, putting the writing prompt at the top of your page, and free writing whatever comes to mind. Remember, the important part is keeping your pen moving. You can always edit later. Right now we just want to write something new and see what happens.
This week’s writing prompt is: Take out a piece of writing that has content you feel passioante about, but you feel like it isn’t working. Write it in a completely different mode, form, or genre.
Explore Womxn Authors
In this episode, the author recommended these womxn writers:
- Shayla Lawson, author of This is Major: Notes on Diana Ross, Dark Girls, and Being Dope
- Dantiel Moniz, author of the forthcoming Milk, Blood, Heat
Ensure the Podcast Continues
Love what you’re hearing? Show your appreciation and become a Supporter with a monthly contribution.
Check Out More Womxn Authors
- Episode 34: Lacy Crawford – Author of Notes on a Silencing
- Episode 33: Melissa Valentine – Author of The Names of All the Flowers
- Episode 32: Juli Delgado Lopera – Author of Fiebre Tropical
- Episode 31: Casey Cep – Author of The Furious Hours
Support the show (https://fiercewomxnwriting.com/support)