Cassandra Lane – Author of We Are Bridges, a memoir that reclaims family history
Cassandra Lane is the author of We Are Bridges, a memoir that explores reclaiming violent family history in order to create a more free future for one’s children.
“In this narrative, Lane seeks an origin story, searching for what facts are available and wondering about the legacy she is passing on. . . . A multiangled exploration of family trauma and the forging of an identity.” — Kirkus Reviews
In this episode, we discuss her writing process, and:
- Exploring your city to explore your creativity
- Writing in the early morning hours with candles and incense
- And more
I would love to hear from you. Please visit my Contact Page and tell me about your writing challenges.
Follow this Writer
Follow the Podcast
- Visit the podcast’s Website
Follow the Host
- Slide into Sara Gallagher’s DM’s on Instagram
Follow our Partners
- Learn more about our partner, We Need Diverse Books, whose mission is to put more diverse books into the hands of all children
Become an Advertiser
This Week’s Writing Prompt
This week’s writing prompt: Write about a food you loved as a child. Describe its taste, texture, smell, color, and how it felt in your mouth. Push deeper to unravel what it symbolized for you. What deep cravings does it dredge up even now?
Explore Womxn Authors
In this episode, they recommended these womxn writers:
- Reema Zaman, Author of I Am Yours: A Shared Memoir
- Lynell George, Author of A Handful of Earth, A Handful of Sky: The World of Octavia E. Butler
Ensure the Podcast Continues
Love what you’re hearing? Show your appreciation and become a Supporter with a monthly contribution.
Check Out More Womxn Authors
- Episode 73: Ellen Hagan – Author of Reckless, Glorious, Girl and Blooming Fiascoes
- Episode 70: Meg Medina – Author of Merci Suárez Can’t Dance
- Episode 69: adrienne maree brown – Author of We Will Not Cancel Us
- Episode 63: Sonya Renee Taylor – Author of The Body is Not An Apology
Support the show (https://fiercewomxnwriting.com/support)